Did you know? Acne develops around puberty, but also in adulthood. This skin inflammation is not insignificant and affects 80% of teenagers and around 25% of adults , 61% of whom are women. Thanks to our expertise, we can help you understand your acne step by step, and help you prevent it with our Oxygénation skin care product.
I) What are the main causes of acne?
There are many triggers for the appearance of pimples, and understanding their origin allows for better prevention and treatment.
1) External factors
- Diet: Our lifestyle is directly reflected in our skin. Foods with a high glycaemic index, rich in fast and refined sugars and dairy products can promote inflammation of the sebaceous glands and aggravate our pimples.
- Sun: We tend to find that we have a better complexion and more beautiful skin after exposure to the sun. However, this exposure causes the skin to thicken and clog the sebaceous glands, which can lead to a flare-up of blackheads.
- Cosmetics: some comedogenic cosmetic products can lead to the appearance of comedones and microcysts. This is the case with certain creams and make-up containing synthetic ingredients (PEG, silicones or mineral oils) and certain vegetable oils. Aggressive cosmetic products (grain scrubs, cleansers containing alcohol) also encourage the appearance of pimples.
In addition, other external factors such as pollution, smoking, alcohol and lack of sleep are essential factors to consider in preventing this skin disease.
2) Internal factors
In addition to external factors, internal factors can have a strong influence on the condition of our skin. Here are two examples of internal factors that can trigger this inflammation:
- Stress: We've probably all noticed this acne flare-up in times of intense stress (exams, pressure at work, important meetings). Indeed, high levels of stress can lead to an increase in insulin, which in turn leads to the excessive production of sebum, which is responsible for the breakout.
- Fluctuating hormones: Hormonal activity can cause pimples to appear or the number of lesions to increase. Sebaceous glands are extremely sensitive to hormonal changes. This is the case before the female menstrual cycle where fluctuating hormones promote acne, one of the pre-menstrual syndromes (PMS) that affect many women before their period.
II) How does the Oxygénation treatment work on acne?
There are conventional solutions to treat this skin condition (local treatment, hormonal treatment, isotretinoin, etc.). Here, we offer you an effective natural alternative. Our Oxygénation treatment acts on acne linked to both internal and external factors, on three levels.
1) A detoxifying action
The body's emunctory organs (bladder, kidneys, liver and lungs) allow the evacuation of toxins and toxins. When these organs are saturated, the skin takes over, leading to the appearance of pimples.
In this specific case, our Oxygénation treatment acts on the emunctory organs thanks to the synergy of action between birch sap, grape-seed polyphenols and young juniper shoots, helping to eliminate acne-related metabolic waste.
2) An anti-inflammatory action
Acne can manifest itself as red, inflamed and sometimes painful pimples. These blemishes are a sign that the skin is inflamed. To remedy this, our grape seed polyphenols and young juniper shoots have a strong anti-inflammatory action, they will reduce redness and will protect the skin by their anti-oxidant action.
3) A healing action
Blackheads and microcysts can leave red marks that can be quite noticeable. To speed up the healing process, the vitamin C, zinc and manganese contained in our Oxygénation skincare product will promote the healing process to reduce the unsightly appearance of blemishes.
We are aware that this visible inflammation on the skin can affect your self-confidence. With our expertise, we help you to prevent it.
Our Oxygénation treatment acts on acne linked to both internal and external factors on three levels. With its detoxifying, anti-inflammatory and healing benefits, Oxygénation helps prevent and reduce acne in just 3 weeks.
Discover it here: https: //evoleum.fr/products/oxygenation
To mark the launch of our new Essentiel-de-Féminité range, entirely dedicated to feminine well-being andéquilibre , evoleum co-founder Kareen de Beaurepaire talks exclusively to the evoleum community.
The star ingredient in our Équilibre treatment program, silver fir bark helps reduce fatigue and improve muscle recovery after exercise, and could help prevent arterial disease and cancer. But did you know that this concentrate of active ingredients is also excellent for the skin? We explain it all in this article.